LEMON BALSAMIC ROASTED CARROTS

Like I mentioned yesterday- this isn't a recipe that you'll probably say "OMG I NEED TO MAKE THIS NOW!" but it will be one that you'll want to Pin and save for later. 
Why?
Because if you're anything like me, when you have a dinner party (for the holidays or otherwise) you think:
"Shoot. I have the main dish and some unhealthy sides..I need to convince my friends/family that I'm healthy by having some kind of vegetable served"
Thus, I give you, Lemon Balsamic Roasted Carrots:
What You'll Need to Make it Happen:
- 10 medium carrots or 20 baby carrots
- 2 Tbsps balsamic (i use lemon-balsamic)
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste, parsley to garnish
 How to Make it Happen:
Step 1: Cut any bad ends off your carrots, wash thoroughly. 
Step 2: Toss in olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, half of your lemon zest.
Step 3: Roast in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes on a foil-lined baking sheet. (20 for baby carrots).
Step 4: Combine your balsamic and brown sugar, and drizzle over hot carrots.
Step 5: Return to oven for 3 minutes to carmelize.
Step 6: Serve up in a dish, sprinkle with lemon zest and parsley for garnish!
 I knowwww they don't look beautiful at this stage of the game, but once served up they look (and smell) amazing!

 The final product! If the sound of brown sugar scares you, cut the amount in half for a little less sweetness!

They're tender, sweet, citrusy, and salty all in one. Doesn't get much better, my friends.

What healthy side do you make when you have people over for dinner?
I need some more options here, people!


xo, lp


(looking for other side ideas? try my bruschetta or asian cabbage salad!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment