NEW PLACE, NEW SPACE

Here's the thing about our old apartment:
We knew it was very temporary. 

We had moved back to Madison in a hurry and started new jobs quickly, so we snatched up the first place available, that happened to be well below budget. It was enough space and was incredibly convenient for work & such, but overall we knew it never would be "home".

From our mangy-cat owning, cigarette smoking neighbor, to the constant screams of kids left unattended, to the parents swearing at their little ones, to the gigantic dogs that no one seemed to have leashes for... we soon realized we'd be out as soon as we could.

So where is the inspiration or motivation to decorate a place like that? 
There isn't.

Our new place is amazing. High ceilings, lots of space. We plan to be here and enjoy this place from the moment we move in, so I'm wasting no time putting together inspiring pictures of spaces that I'd want to live in. I really feel like the effort I put in to creating a perfect space will be appreciated here, and I can't wait to get started!

Here are some current favorites:
1. I'll actually have an office-y desk space in this place, and I love the use of IKEA cork circles in place of a large board. (image via)

2. We had a gallery wall at the old place but it wasn't overly inspiring. This time I plan to curate more carefully and add much more color! (image via)

3. Ohhhh a girl can dream that this $1,200 dresser would be hers. Le sigh.  (image via)

4. This DIY stump table is fantastic! So is the couch. (image via)

5. Will someone please give me some globes?! We have one. Consider the collection starting! (image via)

6. That pattern rug! That simple colorful art! That pop yellow lamp! All of it! (image via)

7. Oh, map wall. Someday I'll have you in my space. I'll save my pennies for you. For now, some other cool map art will have to do! (image via

Do you have a "home" Pinterest board? 
Share a link in the comments so I can scope out your style!

xo, lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment