Baked Apple Chips

       Did you all tune in a few weeks ago? I made some deee-licious Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels, which I figured would a bit healthier than all the Girl Scout Cookies floating around. They definitely are- but today's recipe is even better for you, and just about as delicious. I found these on Pinterest and had to try a version of them. Thanks to the Delighted Momma for the inspiration and recipe!!

All you need for this recipe is a couple apples, some cinnamon, and a pinch of sugar (optional). Easy, right?!

Step 1. Preheat your oven to 275 degrees, and line a cookie sheet or two with parchment paper.
Step 2: Cut off the top and bottom of the apples so you have a flat surface on the apple to stabilize it while you cut out the core.
Step 3: Using a paring knife, cut out the center of your apples. I'm sure there is a fancy kitchen tool out there that does this for you, but I am not that high class my dears.
Step 4: Cut into thin rings. If you want them to cook faster and be more on the crunchy side- cut them thinner. If you want them to have more of a dried chewy texture, cut a little thicker. I did both.
Step 5: Lay those babies out on your parchment lined sheet.
Step 6: Sprinkle your apples with cinnamon. Do take the time to make it a light, even sprinkle. I was impatient (per usual) and didn't- which left some of the rings with super cinnamon overload. If you want to add sugar, do so now! I didn't and they were perfectly sweet without it.

Step 7: Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then flip the apples and bake for another 45 minutes. (At this point the ones I had cut super thin were crispy and good to go- but I left the thicker ones in for another 30 minutes.)


I know they aren't going to win any snack beauty competitions but they are pretty dang good. I don't know about you all, but I really like dried apples- and they can be kind of pricey depending where you buy them. This is a way to make them for a fraction of the cost. Not bad, right?

Have any other good recipes for healthy baked snacks? Let me know them- comment or email beautyandbeard@gmail.com!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment