Friday's Fancies #13: Team Spirit

When I originally wrote this post we had just made it to the sweet 16...aaaaaaaaaaand now we just lost. Good thing I sound peppy from writing it before...

This week {av} encouraged us to center our Friday's Fancies around our favorite team for the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship. As I've mentioned multiple times before, Michael and I graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.  I don't ever dress up for sporting events- give me a big jersey or a sweatshirt and I'm good to go! In general, since the main UW sports are football (outside in cold WI fall) and hockey (in a chilly arena)- everyone is bundled up to watch the games anyway! 

Funny story actually:  For the 2011 Rosebowl a few of us road-tripped out to Pasadena to see the Badgers play TCU. Everyone was wearing goofy, ridiculous outfits, with every speck of red we could find. Huge beaded necklaces, face paint, I even bedazzled some white keds (shown below). The funny thing was the TCU fans were dressed to the NINES. The guys were wearing chinos with tucked in oxfords, and the ladies were wearing silky purple dresses with pearls and heels. Our HUGE tailgate was a massive party (80 cases of beer and 13+ handles of  booze with 110 people) across from a classy, dry TCU tailgate. They were drinking Starbucks and wheatgrass. I kid you not. At. A. Football. Game. BLASPHEMY!!


I digress, you get the picture.
With all the fun colored jeans out there, I am totally getting a pair of red ones for the upcoming UW Band concert in April...my outfit will go a little like this:


Any other Badger fans out there sad as can be today?

(psst, make sure to head over to {long distance loving} for more gameday getups!


0 comments:

Post a Comment