$4 DIY JEWELRY HANGER!

I think if I had a dollar for every blog post I've done mentioning jewelry I'd have enough money...to..well... buy myself some more jewelry. 

Last year when we lived in Virginia we had the perfect wall to create a jewelry tree for all of my necklaces. And by we I mean while Michael was at work I painted a tree and banged about 40 nails on the wall. Without telling him.
Woops.
He even spackled every one of the holes when we moved out. What a guy!

Well, I decided to not be a jerk and do that to him again, so this time around I created a jewelry display that only required two holes in the wall. Amazing! 
This project is really simple, and really cheap.
You'll need:
- Level
- Hammer
- Gold Spray Paint
- 2 basic nails
- 1/2 x 48 dowel
- 2 gold cup hooks (  5/8 or 3/4 inch )
All of these can be found at your local hardware store! Dowels run under $1.00, cup hooks around about $0.50 each. The spray paint was about $2, making this whole project around $4. Amazing!

 Here's how to make it happen:
 Easy, right?
Honestly, the only thing that took a long time in this project was hanging up all the necklaces. Yup.
Quick, cheap, and awesome.

 A few things I will say about this project:
1. Don't go thinner than a 1/2 inch dowel. It'll bend like crazy. Mine bends slightly in the middle-but not to the point it's going to break. 
2. If you DO get a bigger dowel, remember to get bigger cup hooks & ones that stick out further from the wall! Otherwise you won't be able to hang your necklaces up because the dowel will be too close to the wall.
 Oh, and keep your most worn necklaces on the ends!
*** Update: I should specify- for the necklaces in the middle you just open the clasp to get them off! - Although it doesn't look like it, there is space between the dowel and the wall- you don't need to remove the dowel from the hooks every time you need a necklace in the middle!!! ****

There you have it!

Although it may not be as creative as the jewelry tree, it is super functional and will a lot easier to clean up come moving time!

How do you store/display your jewelry?
I might have to take your ideas for next time :)

xo, lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment