MEDITERRANEAN PITA POCKET (so easy!)

Let's talk for a second about food kicks. 
You know, when you get into something for a while and eat it every. dang. day?
For a while in college I made pita sandwiches every day for like...eh...3 months? Let's not get into details. It was an obsession. It was just so easy! And healthy! And filling! 
Mmkay, I'm going to stop justifying myself here, and just share one of the "recipes" I used to go for:

What you'll need to make it happen:

- Wheat or white pita pockets
- Hummus (any flavor!)
- Spinach
- Feta (I used tomato basil)
-Cherry tomatoes

 How to make it happen:

Okay, clearly this isn't  rocket science:
Step 1: Spread your hummus, about 2 Tbsp onto both sides of the pita.
Step 2: Layer your spinach around the pocket!
Step 3: Add you tomatoes, olives, and feta..
Step 4: Enjoy!

Normally I'd actually have red peppers instead of tomatoes, but man- when you don't have what you want, you gotta improvise, right?

What food have you gone on kicks of before?
My glamorous list includes grapefruit and string cheese, so I promise anything you share can't be much more ridiculous!


xo, lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment