TEA- LESS HOT TODDY

The other day it turned chilly and I decided it was time to make a hot toddy. 
Correction: I had a cold, and medicine wasn't making me feel better, so I decided it was time to make a hot toddy.
Rather than using the power of the ol' internet to make sure I had the recipe right, I thought I'd just wing it from my bartending days. 

Wellllll turns out my memory wasn't as awesome as I thought, because once I made it I thought it tasted delicious, but not quite right. After looking it up, I realized I missed the key ingredient - TEA!

So, thus came into play the tea-less hot toddy. It's still delicious and fully warms you, it's just not the traditional toddy!

What you'll need to make it happen:
- 2 ounces bourbon or whiskey (I choose Bulleit)
- 2 Tbsps honey
- 2 lemon wedges
- Cinnamon stick
- Hot Water
How to make it happen:
Brace yourselves, this is about to really difficult ;) 
Step 1: Throw your honey, 1/2 stick cinnamon, bourbon, and the juice of 1 lemon wedge in your glass.
Step 2: Fill with hot water, stir.
Step 3: Garnish with lemon & cinnamon and enjoy!
This drink is super simple (and tastes great without the tea!) and I'm not gonna lie, I not longer have that nagging cold, so we'll chalk this guy up to a win. For those of you looking for a classic Hot Toddy, here's a recipe to follow! 

What's your go-to winter drink?
I'm telling you, if you can't get rid of a cold, try bourbon!

xo, lp

(pssst! If you're looking for some cool glass mugs, I love these and these!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment