FIVE THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT CARE ABOUT...

I realize this is a lot more wordy than my average posts, but well, if you're really reading this blog because you like me or are even minutely interested in getting to know me better, then you should enjoy it. Plus I'll throw in some pictures of me jumping like an idiot for your enjoyment.
I promise this 5 things isn't one of the braggy ones like "OMG I WAS PROM QUEEN IN HIGH SCHOOL!/I'M FAMOUS IN EUROPE FOR MY ONE HIT WONDER!" mainly because neither of those are true...I can't sing for shit and we didn't have a prom queen so...no worries.

 Sometimes on this blog I deviate from speaking the way I do in real life- mainly because I know that without seeing I'm joking I can sound like kind of a jerk. I tried to make this post unfiltered Laura...hopefully you enjoy/learn something new/aren't too bored.

Let's begin, shall we?

1. I pretty much only wear patterned socks. I absolutely despise wearing socks, but living in the cold Midwest means it's not really an option not to. I cope by wearing ridiculous patterned socks- mainly holiday themed ones. I've got penguins, hearts, skulls, and menorahs in my repertoire- just to name a few. It has led to interesting conversations at the doctor's office, the gym, and events with get-to-know you mixers where you have to take your boots/shoes off.

2. I have excellent road rage. I don't mean swerving and speeding like a crazy person- but I do swear like a sailor when I'm on the road. Yes, I am judging your cube shaped car, your stupid family bumper stickers, and your inability to turn off your turn signal on the highway after you've switched lanes.

3. One of my many, many pet peeves includes being patted on the back when being hugged by my peers. Unless I am your grandmother (which I am not), do not pat me on the back. Hug me like a real person. After our first unofficial-ish date Michael gave me nothing more than a hug with a pat on the back. I absolutely talked crap about him to my coworkers the next day. I guess it worked out for him in the long run...

4. I've been a vegetarian for about...12 years or so.
To answer your questions:
I do it for a mix between ethics and lifestyle. // No, I don't miss meat.  // No, I'm not annoying about it and never try to convince other people to be vegetarians. // No, it doesn't annoy me if you eat meat around me. // No, Michael is not a vegetarian. // Yes, I eat more that just carrots. // No, I am not interested in a piece of your steak/bacon/etc no matter how good you say it tastes.

5. I hate horses. Correction: I'm scared of horses. Holy crap they are huge. And look like they're about to stop you out at any moment. Not quiiiiiiite as terrifying as sharks- but they're up there.


So there you have it. 5 things about me you probably didn't need to know, but now do.
Tell me something cool about yourself. Scared of horses too? Judge other people while you're driving? Share away, kiddos!

xo, lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment