BOO! CUPCAKES (with a surprise inside!)

 Alright kids. Here it is. My one and only Halloween food post for the year.
What did I go with? BOO cupcakes, clearly! They aren't your usual cupcakes though, they have a super-sweet filling inside, for an extra Halloween treat!

For Valentine's Day Kelly at Studio DIY had the genius idea of using cookie cutters and Airheads to make edible letters on cakes & such. Genius. 
So a few orange Airheads later, I had my BOO cut out:

What you'll need:
- Orange Airheads
- White Frosting (either homemade) or from a container 
- Chocolate cake mix (either homemade) or  from a box
-Orange Food Coloring

How to make it happen:
Step 1: Bake up your cake mix and let cool completely.
Step 2: Cut out the center, fill with orange colored frosting, and top with the cutout.
Step 3: Frost, add your letters, and enjoy!

When I first came up with this recipe I figured it would be great for kids...but I mean, it works for adults too, right?!

What Halloween treats are you making this year?
I can't wait to hear your creative ideas!

xo, lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment