Copy Cat Cards

Project of the Day:


I wanted to send out some lovely holiday cards to family and friends- but didn't want to go in the direction of  photo cards since it would just be Michael and me....boring, right? Yeah, I know, that's why I didn't make them! I had a ridiculous amount of paint chips (as always) at home so I decided to use them to make some super cheap cards. I saw these little wreaths and thought they were a good way to send holiday cheer without being overly red and green Christmas tacky :


(source HERE

    I grabbed my paint chips, a glue stick, some plain white stationary and a scissors and started snipping...
 Once I had all my little circles I started randomly gluing them as I went in a circle on the card, mixing in small and large circles of the red, green, grey, yellow, and brown shades I chose.


 A little ribbon and...

After I had finished a couple paint chip wreaths I busted out the dear old sequins and made one super sparkly wreath. Gaudy? Yes. Tacky? Maybe. Completely Awesome? You know it!


 I decided I wanted more than just wreaths, so I took some paint chips with green shades and cut different sized triangles out of each...
 ...leaving me with shades of green trees!

 A little sequin on top of each and this is what I got:

 For friends and family who don't celebrate Christmas (or any other holiday, for that matter) I made some simple snowflake cards out of -youguessedit- paint chips! The others in this picture are just solid color ribbon glued together in rows- simple, clean, lovely.

How did you do your holiday cards this year? Lots of photos? Simple winter scenes? It's not too late to make these!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment