GOT PAINTCHIPS?

I am a certified paint chip hoarder.

Every time we go into Home Depot/Lowes/Ace Hardware/Walmart I grab a handful and scoot away sneakily like a kid stealing candy. They are stashed in probably 8 places in our apartment, and on any given day you could shout out a shade of taupe or aqua and I could find it for you. Like a squirrel storing acorns for the winter, I tell you. I do use them on occasion, like the cards I made here or here or the tiny bubble "centerpiece" I made here.

Before Christmas (yes this post is late) I thought it would be cool to make some paint chip art using the green shades I had recently run away with- for a free, colorful pop on the shelves. 

Thus, I got out some of these guys:

I used other small square chips I had to measure out squares...

....and cut those babies into 4 tiny squares...
.... like so.

Just some cardstock and a gluestick later, I was well on my way to paintchip perfection. (#sarcasm)

Then I placed it about 4 different places around the apartment before it found its home with some red & green books and my little white fox:

Now, it's a month late, but doesn't it make a good Christmas-y display?

Now that the holidays are over it's temporarily living with my Nate Berkus sea urchin, but we'll see where he ends up. 

Anyone else made some good paint chip art lately?
If you have some great ideas on what I can do with some of my stash, leave your idea in the comments!

xo, lp

P.S :Let's get things straight: I do not take any credit for this idea, I got it from my favorites over at Young House Love. Sherry had the idea for some pixelated magic, so go check out their HUGE scale awesome version!

P.P.S : Yes I have a North American Wildlife book. It is awesome and from Goodwill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment