NO ONE TALK TO ME I'M CRANKY.

Happy Monday, people.
Let's get a few things straight this week:
If you're a SF 49ers fan, don't talk to me. Actually, if you're anyone other than a Packer fan, don't talk to me. Yes I am a sore loser...especially when it comes to football.

Now that I no longer care about what happens in the playoffs, my weekends are now free to drink coffee, read Martha, and get back to posting on this here blog. Cue the excitement from all of you! 
(find me on Instagram here)

Now, so I don't turn into a total Debbie Downer - there are a few good things I have to share this week!

Good thing 1:
I'm back to posting recipes every Tuesday, so get ready for the recipe to my delicious lemon bars tomorrow.  My goal is to find more things to bake that require a powdered sugar topping. Seriously.

Good thing 2:
Michael's aunt got me this cookbook for the holidays and it is absolutely one of the best I own. Now, I have to admit her show "barefoot contessa" is not always the easiest to watch, but damn Ina Garten knows what's  up in the kitchen. This cookbook is full of recipes that are... wait for it... foolproof, and I cannot wait to try some and share them.
(if you're looking to get one for yourself or someone you know, it's on sale HERE!)

Good thing 3:
I got my hair cut yesterday. I realize this is completely useless information for any of you, but I'm pretty happy about not looking like such a split-end scrub.

Good thing 4:
I watched the Golden Globes, and here are my thoughts:
1. JLo. What were you wearing. No.
2. Jessica Alba, you are a freaking perfect. Holy crap. Stunning.
3. Everyone should have an acceptance speech like Adele.
4. Not enough Tina Fey & Amy Poehler.
The End. 

Good thing 5:
I'm gettin' back to real blogging people. I've been here and there lately, but I've got plenty of recipes and DIYs up my sleeve for you pretty folks. In addition to that, I'll have a few posts that are a little bit more about me. Inspired by my girl {av} last week in her post about small victories, I've realized how most of my favorites posts by my favorite bloggers are the ones that serve as a window into their real world. 
Psssssst: Yes, for those of your who read long distance loving , {av}really is as amazing in person as she is on the interwebs. Here we are when I visited Rhode Island this summer- please ignore my pasty legs. Woof. 


What good things do you have to look forward to this week?
Or... for those of you majorly into pop culture: thoughts on the Golden Globes you care to share?

xo, lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment