CONVERSATION HEART COOKIES

Two recipe posts in one week!? 
Don't hide your delight, my friends. 

I guess it's not really a true recipe post, since it just is an extension of Tuesday's post about how to ice the perfect sugar cookie
Here's my take on conversation hearts- the candy ones at least. I remember when we were kids those things were delicious. Chalky, not too much flavor, just sugary crunchy heaven. 
Now they have weird sour flavors, new colors, different texture. BLASPHEMY I say. So this year rather than buying those candies, I decided to make my own sugar cookies inspired by them:

Now, for how to ice the perfect cookies, check out my post earlier in the week. Making your own icing is quick, easy, and doesn't require any fancy ingredients or techniques. There isn't a need for special bakery bags or anything, a ziplock will do! 

I colored my icing in a few pastels- use less food coloring than you think you need!

I used gel icing to write out the little messages like "Be Mine" " So Cute" and "xo".
Sidenote: not to sound like an old senile lady complaining more about useless candy- but all the text-speak candy hearts are dumb. There. I said it. Why would I want a heart with "LOL"  or "IDK" on it from someone? Mixed messages I tell ya. 


Of course I wasn't going to make a whole bunch of I LOVE YOU and BE MINE cookies for my co-workers...that might just get awkward. Thus, there are plain iced hearts in abundance for them:

What would your conversation hearts say?
I'm sticking with the simple "xoxo" as my favorite!

xo, lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment