4 seasons mugs

Mug Madness, take 2:

I saw these 4 seasons mugs on Pinterest a while back and completely loved them. I guess I'm on a mug making kick after the MPLS city skyline mugs from a while back. I checked out the Etsy shop they came from, planning on purchasing them if they were the right price. I mean, support small or local businesses and artists, right?

My jaw dropped when I saw the $144 price tag. PLUS a $12 shipping charge. Yeah, I like them- but there was no way that I was going to shell out over $150 dollars for mugs. I knew I could DIY a version for a tiny tiny fraction of the price,and that's just what I did!



     I made a stop over to the trusty Dollar Tree and grabbed 4 mugs (for a dollar each, duh).

I already had my Porcelaine marker from my last mug-making project, so the cost was zero for that!

          I started out by drawing the same stick tree on all four mugs, and went to decorating season by season from there on out. Since fall is my favorite season- I started there. A few falling leaves and some straggler birds flying South for the winter later, I was done. Boom.
            Winter took about 30 seconds- just some dots of falling snow and a slim crescent moon.
          Spring turned out a little crowded with the budding leaves, bird in the nest, and passing clouds:
Summer finished strong with a tree full of leaves, a bright sun, and a flower hiding in the grass:
  Here they are all together!

As finessed as the Etsy collection? No.
$152 dollars cheaper than the Etsy collection? Yes.



Which season mug is your favorite?

0 comments:

Post a Comment