Valentine's Watercolors

    Remember last week's DIY Chevron Art that I did as a part of Living Savvy's No Spend Challenge? Well I'm back for another round of the challenge! I've started decorating the apartment for Valentine's Day (yes, I do fully decorate for it- if you're new to the blog- read why here), and the first project I did was a completely free one!

     I usually have these state cutouts in frames on our window sills- but figured it was time to temporarily change them out for the holiday.

So I grabbed my watercolors, paper, a pencil and Sharpie and got to work.
I used the now-empty frames as guides to make sure my little paintings would fit:
I started by saturating each one with a lot of paint and water...
....and then blotted most of it off to give a lighter, tie-dye feel.



This one is my favorite- someday we'll need to get out there and properly deface a tree like that...



After deciding I wasn't such a big fan of the "XOXO" and finding yet another light wood frame, I made two more little paintings...





Aaand can you tell I took the last 2 in the bright morning light?

What do you think about FREE watercolor Valentine's art? Which one is your favorite?

Don't forget to head on over to Living Savvy if you want to take part in the challenge and grab the button!

Living Savvy
DIY under $5
Point of View: A Creative Collaboration,a creative collaboration,point of view,point of view a creative collaboration

0 comments:

Post a Comment