DIY Checkered Phone Case

    Remember when I was complaining about my old Toddler Phone? Yes, one of my resolutions was to complain less- but this was before I officially made resolutions- so it's okay, right? Well after seeing how tacky and expensive most were online I decided to make my own cool designs. I made 2 different ones, and will be posting about the next one very soon! For this particular one I simple ordered a clear case online and used some paper chips my sister Louisa sent me as a holiday present. I went for the square look after being inspired by this iPhone case at Urban Outfitters:


First I cut up a ton of colors into a million little squares:
I played around with a few fun color combinations and patterns before settling on a color combo favorite: grey and yellow.
 I cut up white, grey, and 2 shades of yellow into a bunch of squares so once I got on a role making the pattern I wouldn't have to stop and cut out more:
 I laid pieces of  Scotch tape overlapping each other to stick the squares to...
 ....and started laying out a checkered pattern:
 Once I had a large enough rectangle I simple traced and cut out the places that'd be for the camera and speaker:


A quick insert to the clear case and magic!:

A few of the squares aren't perfect since I didn't measure them out exactly- but overall once I filled in a few blank spaces I was left with a fun, changeable case!

I didn't glue the paper in at all because knowing me, I'll get tired of it and want a new pattern or color scheme and will want to switch it up. Besides- rather than paying for one pattern online- all I had to pay for was one clear case and I can have endless opportunities.

Any patterns you recommend me trying?

Psst - Check back on the Monday the 23rd for the reveal of the second case! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment