Pin Jang.

   *Warning: This post is unnecessarily dramatic and contains fruit bowls.*

      You remember that whole Missoni craze that happened a few months ago at Target? Everyone went bonkers trying to grab the last chevron headband like it was the last drop of water on earth. I was one of the people who didn't get what the big dang deal was- and sat back while the women of the world swarmed the floors of Target. 
     
     I just didn't get why one product could be great enough to make or break the feng shui of your living/dining/bedroom. Well, karma has come back to haunt me in the form of Pin Jang. Target has a new  line of kitchenware- from Pin Jang in Taiwan. To be honest I have no idea whether Pin Jang is the name of the person or the company- but frankly I don't care. I love it all, and I want it all. Yup, I've be come a crazy Missoni-like obsessed person. The line includes canisters, fruit bowls, bread boxes & bowls in white, black, red and turquoise.

A few Pin Jang items
     The first time I saw the collection Michael and I were out shopping with some gift cards we had received from his family for Christmas. I literally ran (galloped?) over to the shelf and whipped out my phone to take a picture to send to Michael's sister, knowing she'd love it all too. 
   SIDENOTE: Do y'all know the look you get when you are excitedly taking pictures of canisters and fruit bowls? It's the: "grab your children and walk away quickly because that lady is off her rocker" look. Yup. I'm completely fine with it. 

     Where were we?

           Oh, right, taking pictures.

       So I snapped the picture and sent it to her- getting the excited response I had hoped for a few minutes later. I hemmed and hawed about whether to get them- Michael even told me that canisters had been on my (superlame) Christmas list, and I should get them. I decided they weren't a necessity and walked out the store without the bowl and 3 different sized white canisters I'd been eyeing.

     Of course, in true Laura fashion I changed my mind and went back to Target a few days later to purchase them- only to find the smallest size canister in the set was sold out. Damn. I went online to find it: sold out. Double Damn. We stopped at another Target later in the week to get them: sold out. #$%!@. Sigh. I guess this means I actually need to listen to the boy when he tells me to buy things. I hung my head and decided that I at least couldn't leave the store without the hexagonal metal fruit bowl.  Here she is:





Lovely, no?

So what do you think? Am I officially crazy for being sad about missing out on a $10 canister? Mom, I know you're saying "yes" right now...

If you find the small white canister in your area, send it on over to VA, we're all out here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment