8 INGREDIENT SALSA

Homemade salsa is delicious. It's just a fact. Ever since Michael and I found the most perfect salsa at a tiny restaurant in RVA I've been trying my best to replicate it. With this recipe, I think I've almost got it! Clearly there isn't a whole lotta skill when it comes to mashing things together to make salsa, but dang it's good.
What you'll need:
9 large roma tomatoes
1/2 small onion (diced)
3 large cloves garlic (minced)
1 medium jalapeño (minced) 
seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (optional)
1/4 cup cilantro
 How to make it happen:
Step 1: De-seed your jalapeño and throw it into a food processor along with your garlic cloves. Process until minced.
Step 2: Parboil your tomatoes & peel the skins off. De-seed and lightly process in the food processor. If you like your salsa smooth, go crazy. If you like it chunky, process half the tomatoes and dice up the rest. 
Step 3: Dice your onion and add it to your tomato-garlic-jalapeño mixture.
Step 4: Add your lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Step 5: Shred your cilantro, mix it in, and serve!

Yes, it tastes as good as it looks.
 Now that I've got a full stock of fresh salsa and chips I'm ready to have people over and make some margaritas. 
Who's game?

xo,lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment