Friday's Fancies #34: Road Trip Time

I rock at roadtrips.
No, but really. I'm not just talking about a few measly hours. I mean the legit, long distance road trips.
My senior year in college 5 friends and I drove to Pasadena to see the Badgers in the Rose Bowl. If you'd like to calculate that- it's about 40 hours each way. We drove straight through. No stopping. No hotels. 
In case you're new to the blog, you probably didn't see our epic road trip a few months ago I documented on Instagram. Michael and I were living in Virginia, and before we moved back to Wisconsin we drove up to Maine, hitting every single East Coast state on the way, then over to WI. 

I rest my case. I feel like I've proven myself to you. Thus, take my advice when I say I know how to dress for a road trip. This outfit is perfect for a fall trip in the car:
 Make sure you have sunglasses, there's nothing worse than a staring at the sun headache. Check out these perfect tortoise ASOS sunglasses (under $15!).

If you're the passenger and you're anything like I am, you want to be able to kick off your shoes. These mauve GAP Scrunch Flats are perfect slip on flats in case you make a quick pitstop to see the world's largest ball of yarn.

You all know I love gigantic jewelry- but when in comes to road trips, I ain't messin' with any of that. Simple studs all the way, like these Marc by Marc Jacobs studs will do just fine. 

Gosh this striped knitted sweater looks comfy, eh? Do I need to justify it? No. 

 I know people might think yoga pants should be a go-to road trip bottom. Well, I disagree. If you're going to be getting out, seeing things, eating dinner, taking pictures, my vote is for jeans. Especially with the soft, stretchy, comfy jeans out there today, like these: TopShop comfy jeans!

Okay, I get you're probably all thinking I'm crazy with Kate Spade Passport Holder in my mix, but let me justify. If you're really taking an all out- where the road takes you road trip, always have your passport. Case  in point : When Michael and I were on the epic road trip I mentioned above we stopped in Niagra Falls. We  turned on the GPS to leave & start heading toward Ohio. Long story short we ended up going through a toll and realized they were asking for Canadian money. Turns out the fastest way to get there was through Canada. Welp, dear M doesn't have a passport so we couldn't get through. The attendant wouldn't let us through so he had to back up the line to let us out #embarrassing. Just bring a passport and cover it in a cute cover, okay?

Anyone else bring a passport with them on roadtrips?
Or try to sneak into Canada like it's nobody's business?

xo,lp 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment