RECIPE:: CROWD PLEASING ZUCCHINI BREAD

So, remember here where I showed you the insanely gigantic zucchini we got at the farmer's market?
Well, as promised, I'll be sharing some recipes with you in the next few weeks from said veggie! 
Today we'll start with my absolute favorite, zucchini bread:

 Crunchy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside. Cinnamony sweet without being sugary. Mm-mmm.
Unfortunately I cannot take credit for this recipe, it was passed down to me by a coworker when I was in college (Thanks Jenny!). She doesn't have a blog/website to link the recipe to, so I'll be sharing it with you here today on her behalf. 
Before I get ahead of myself, I've been trying to find a way to prove how huge this dang thing is. It's big enough to make 16 loaves of bread, at least. It's big enough that it's more than twice the size of your average water bottle:

Off track. Sorry. Here's the recipe (makes 2 loaves):

What you'll need:
2 bread pans
2 cups zucchini (thickly grated)
2 cups white sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup canola oil
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon

How to make it happen:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 and grease your bread pans.
Step 2: Mix your flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and zucchini together in a large bowl. Mix well.
Step 3: Add in your oil, eggs, and vanilla extract, and mix thoroughly. I do this just with a spatula- no hand mixer needed!
Step 4: Pour mixture evenly between two pans and bake for 40 minutes. (Stab it with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, you're good to go)
Step 5: Let. The. Bread. Cool. Hi, can you take a minute to focus with me here? LET THE DANG BREAD COOL! I know, it will smell like cinnamon heaven in your kitchen, but if you don't let the bread set & cool it'll all fall apart. Promise. Thus, Let it sit for 20 minutes or so before going along the edge of the pan with a knife, and flipping the pan over to get the bread out. 
 Slice it up!
Eat by itself or with some butter:
I'm sure it'd be great if you added nuts or raisins- but I'm a purist and like it just with zucchini!
This is a great recipe to bring into work because it pleases those who like sweets, as well as those who pretend they're eating healthy ;) 

What's your go-to dish to bring to work?
Clearly you know mine now, so share!

xo, lp


psssssssst. I am going to be over at A Creative Day as part of Eileen's Everyday series, and I'm a liiiittle excited about it! Make sure you go check it out, and look around Eileen's amazing blog for a while :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment