Perfect Potato Leek Soup

 Today my loves, I'll share with you the recipe for this:
 It's Potato Leek Soup, and it's freaking delicious. Before I begin I have to say that while I'm blogging about it- I had nothing to do with the making of it. Each time it's been made in this apartment- Michael has been the chef - I just sit back and enjoy. I got him a crockpot as one of his Christmas gifts (yeah, we're sexy like that) and so far, the only recipe we've tried in it is this one. MULTIPLE times.

The original recipe (here) is from Pinch My Salt and was shared by my lovely sister Louisa. We altered it a good amount to suit our tastes, but it sure turned out delicious. If you don't have a crockpot, make sure to look at the originial  for instructions on how to make it happen.
For Michael's version you'll need:
2 Tbsp Butter
3 Leeks, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Medium onion, diced
8 red potatoes, cut in either large circles or small chunks
2 cans vegetable broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste

Step 1: Melt that butta, baby. Such a small amount would make Paula Deen cry.


Step 2: Sautee up your leeks, onions, and garlic for a few minutes until fragrant and limp.


 Step 3: Toss your leek/onion/garlic mixture into your crockpot, and then add your veggie broth.
Step 4: Add your potatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper, cover, and turn your crockpot on high. 

 Step 5: Let your soup cook for 3-4 hours, take off the lid, and make your apartment/house smell like heaven
Step 6: Use a potato masher to crush your potatoes. This shouldn't be hard, since they've been cooking for a few hours. Add your cream and put the cover back on. Let it simmer with the cream for 15 minutes, and enjoy!


This soup will not last long, I promise. It's creamy and hearty and ridiculously comforting. It's amazingly rich and filling- but not so much that you can't eat a whole bowl! It's not cold here in Richmond, but if it's chilly wherever you are, I can promise it will warm you to the core. It's THAT good.

 Oh, and here's proof that Michael really is the one making this soup: My hands are not big and hairy like that. 























So, will you be trying this comforting soup for a cozy night in? Have any good crockpot/soup recipes for us to try out?

0 comments:

Post a Comment