on being selfish...and thank you

*disclaimer- i realize this is a lot of talking for a monday post. bear with me people.
** double disclaimer- if you're new around here see more of what i'm talking about here
-----------------------------
So as you all know, Michael and I are moving back to the Midwest.
We've been travelling for the past 8 days, hitting every single New England state on our way. Up until yesterday, it just felt like a vacation. We've been seeing so many new places and enjoying so much time with friends we hadn't really slowed down to realize we were getting closer and closer to home. While driving through Ohio and Indiana it suddenly hit me that this wasn't vacation, this was reality.

The selfishness sunk in then. Not all of me was ready to be back.

You know that feeling when you leave your phone/computer/etc at home? The totally unplugged feeling? At first it's unnerving because you're so used to having contact with everyone at your fingertips, right? Well I don't know about you, but after a bit it's so freeing. You don't feel like you need to respond to every text, tweet or email immediately, and it's thoroughly enjoyable. 

That's how it felt in Virginia. It was just Michael and me, on our own, enjoying time together uninterrupted. It sounds selfish, because it is. I have to say that every moment down there was like relishing the feeling of being totally unplugged. We didn't have any commitments/events to attend, and we didn't feel bad if we just spent the night in instead of seeing anyone. While I am beyond thrilled to be back to seeing our families and friends, I'll miss living in our little bubble. Although Virginia wasn't the right place for us for keeps, it was the right place for us at the time, I know that now. 
via
All of this being said, I will be [figuratively] holding my breath until we arrive back tonight. There are so many people I cannot wait to hug.

Thanks for putting up with the onslaught of Instagram pictures. I know, I got a little bit obsessed with the pictures of toll tickets (and that wasn't even all of them!). This blog will clearly go on, in fact tomorrow I'll have a recipe post I totally forgot to get up before we left! The next few weeks will be a whirlwind of camping, moving, and figuring out what the heck we're going to do with ourselves...and I absolutely cannot wait.

Have you ever felt that need to be unplugged?
I highly recommend it, it feels great...just don't be surprised if it's hard to go back!


xo,lp

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment